Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

ძიება მხარდაჭერაში

ნუ გაებმებით თაღლითების მახეში. აქ არავინ უნდა მოგთხოვოთ ტელეფონზე დარეკვა, შეტყობინების გაგზავნა ან პირადი მონაცემების გაზიარება. რამე საეჭვოს შემჩნევისას გთხოვთ გვაცნობოთ „დარღვევის მოხსენებით“.

ვრცლად
ღია

Unable to attach files to emails since 30 Sept update (bug2077590)

Michael Dean

Since the Thunderbird update of 30 Sept the ability to attached files to my emails has 'vanished'. I press the attach 'button' but there is no response. Never had this as a problem before. I am running Windows 11 home version. Help!

Since the Thunderbird update of 30 Sept the ability to attached files to my emails has 'vanished'. I press the attach 'button' but there is no response. Never had this as a problem before. I am running Windows 11 home version. Help!

ჩასწორების თარიღი: , ავტორი: Wayne Mery

ყველა პასუხი (7)

Same here. After updating Windows 11 Pro to 26H2 (actually, a clean install), the window for adding an attachment won't open. This applies to both versions 157.0.1 and 153.4.0 ESR.

Three users reported the same issue today in the German Thunderbird forum and one in the French forum. https://www.thunderbird-mail.de/forum/thread/98704-datei-anhang-in-neue-nachricht-nicht-m%C3%B6glich/ Concerns Windows Thunderbird versions since I am unable to reproduce this issue

I just upgraded to 157.0.1 and now I have the same issue, I can't attach any file, nothing happens. I'm on Windows 10.

edit: drag & drop still works

ჩასწორების თარიღი: , ავტორი: Oli4

I had some what the same issue https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1608942 I fixed it my way but I hope mozilla can fix the cause

something a wish I knew when I had the issue was if you needed to send a image another way to do it then attach is menu bar insert > image

A workaround has been posted here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077526

Go to: Settings > General > Config Editor (at the bottom) Then paste 'mail.compose.attach.dir' in the search box and edit the value to an existing folder (for example: C:\)

It worked for me without even restarting Thunderbird :)

I tried the work around as well... but am I going to have to open the advanced setting to get back to the root directory after every file attachment I send?

Can use workaround, but its not very intuitive. When is a proper fix likely Mozilla?

დასვით კითხვა

უნდა შეხვიდეთ ანგარიშზე პასუხის დასაწერად. გთხოვთ, დასვათ ახალი შეკითხვა, თუ ჯერ არ გაქვთ ანგარიში.