Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

ძიება მხარდაჭერაში

ნუ გაებმებით თაღლითების მახეში. აქ არავინ უნდა მოგთხოვოთ ტელეფონზე დარეკვა, შეტყობინების გაგზავნა ან პირადი მონაცემების გაზიარება. რამე საეჭვოს შემჩნევისას გთხოვთ გვაცნობოთ „დარღვევის მოხსენებით“.

ვრცლად
ღია

when/why did mozilla quit putting https:// in the address bar?

Foxhunt

Using FF 140.10.1 esr on a windows pc I noticed (probably long after the fact and numerous updates) that there's no longer https:// in the address bar. Having some recent issues with security made me look for this.

When I switched to Edge, the https:// was in the adddresses I was using. There is a lock symbol, but the locks seem to change in their appearance from one browser or website to the next.

Was this verification sign removed and, if so, why?  

Thank you.

Using FF 140.10.1 esr on a windows pc I noticed (probably long after the fact and numerous updates) that there's no longer https:// in the address bar. Having some recent issues with security made me look for this. When I switched to Edge, the https:// was in the adddresses I was using. There is a lock symbol, but the locks seem to change in their appearance from one browser or website to the next. Was this verification sign removed and, if so, why? Thank you.

ყველა პასუხი (2)

Right, by default there's no https://, only http://. Please read How do I tell if my connection to a website is secure?.

To bring back https, go to about:config and switch browser.urlbar.trimURLs to false.

ჩასწორების თარიღი: , ავტორი: Agent virtuel

დასვით კითხვა

უნდა შეხვიდეთ ანგარიშზე პასუხის დასაწერად. გთხოვთ, დასვათ ახალი შეკითხვა, თუ ჯერ არ გაქვთ ანგარიში.