who sees my searches
No trace
No trace
Enhanced Tracking Protection is preventing access to x.com even after it is allegedly "turned off" for this site. I have been using personal computers since the 1970s aft… (続きを読む)
Enhanced Tracking Protection is preventing access to x.com even after it is allegedly "turned off" for this site. I have been using personal computers since the 1970s after the IBM PC was introduced, but now I am about ready to ditch Firefox AND Windows 11 to install a decent version of Linux. Grok on my iPhone 8 offered several suggestions to resolve this issue, but none of them have worked so far... including trying to us Microsoft Edge instead of Firefox.
I just posted a "Was this page helpful? No" comment saying that Enhanced Tracking Exceptions didn't seem to work for FF Android. Disabling tracking for CNBC didn't "stick… (続きを読む)
I just posted a "Was this page helpful? No" comment saying that Enhanced Tracking Exceptions didn't seem to work for FF Android. Disabling tracking for CNBC didn't "stick" and the site wasn't listed in Exceptions. When enabled, I was seeing a "Corrupted Content" error, and was continually having to tap the Shield to turn Enhanced "off" for the page to load.
Found what appears to be an incompatibility: when uBlock Origin is disabled for CNBC, the Shield/Enhanced-Off/Exceptions list DOES appear to work per the docs. Not sure what in uBlock is triggering the "Corrupted Content" condition for CNBC, but it's very consistent/repeatable. I think the latest versions for both are installed ...
FF Android 157.0.1 (Build #2016188623) uBlock Origin 1.75.0
So the docs ARE correct, but may need a line added that if the Exceptions override doesn't seem to work as described, that there may be a conflicting browser add-on/extension.
Regards,
Chris aka ConjureUp
Even though I unchecked the box next to "Tell websites not to sell or share my data", opt-out is not disabled, and I continue to get "Opt-out signal honored" on websites … (続きを読む)
Even though I unchecked the box next to "Tell websites not to sell or share my data", opt-out is not disabled, and I continue to get "Opt-out signal honored" on websites I visit.
I can't find a place that says website privacy preferences or "tell websites not to sell my data"
Enhanced Tracking Protection today specifically broke my browsing X no access , Instagram no access , any regular website google search results link to NO ACCESS BECAUSE … (続きを読む)
Enhanced Tracking Protection today specifically broke my browsing X no access , Instagram no access , any regular website google search results link to NO ACCESS BECAUSE Enhanced Tracking Protection supposably makes trouble causing websites to crash ... i never asked for firefox tracking protection NEVER EVER WOULD
For some sites, every page is partially obscured by an "opt out signal honored" banner. How can I remove this banner but still retain the opt-out feature?
remove all the blocked things
Sites I visit on Chrome mean I get unwanted and unsuitable advertisements on newspapers I subscribe. Can Mozilla prevent this from happening?
How do I disable the third party sign on popup from google?
Being tracked and losing my information
Manage your Exceptions list Tap the three-dot android menu icon menu button. Fenix_153_address-bar_menu-icon Tap Settings. Tap Enhanced Tracking Protection in… (続きを読む)
Manage your Exceptions list
Tap the three-dot android menu icon menu button. Fenix_153_address-bar_menu-icon Tap Settings. Tap Enhanced Tracking Protection in the Privacy and Security section. Tap Exceptions.
======================= Exceptions list
this instructions just take you to a link not add the ulr in Firefox app:-(
HOW DO I BLOCK ADDS?
I am using firefox for iOS, v156.1 and have been very excited when I learned about the new, integrated adblocker function. I am using strict tracking protection and priv… (続きを読む)
I am using firefox for iOS, v156.1 and have been very excited when I learned about the new, integrated adblocker function. I am using strict tracking protection and private tabs. Brave browser does a fantastic job to block ads, and I was expecting similar performance. However, when I enable the new adblocker function, I do get MORE instead of LESS ads...? Please try yourself, visit the site https://www.spiegel.de with and without adblocker, with tracking protection enabled and set to strict. With adblocker disabled, there is no ad shown, just black zones where ads have been blocked. With adblocker enabled, I get multiple ads displayed, quite annoyingly. Please help me understand if this is intended behavior, or if I am doing something wrong. Thank you very much Peter
PS: Just found this discussion: https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/ios-ad-blocker-experiment/m-p/133902 Unfortunately I am not alone, and this is expected behavior, i.e. useless for me. I am very disappointed :(
Hello. I been enjoying the free VPN for days and I liked the fast connection, free and access for many days of uses. then at middle of use, suddenly VPN stopped working, … (続きを読む)
Hello.
I been enjoying the free VPN for days and I liked the fast connection, free and access for many days of uses.
then at middle of use, suddenly VPN stopped working, I looked at setting and noticed it's gone despite the shield icon at top left shows purple dot (likely showing VPN is on). I thought it's visual bug from settings so I get out app, restarted , then opened, still VPN option didn't show up, even the purple dot is gone. Then I updated Firefox android, still same. What happened? I got revoked access to VPN?
I WANT ALL POP UP ADS STOPPED
For the past 2 weeks now, every single time I search on Google on private browsing there would be a CAPTCHA. I tried troubleshoot mode but the same thing happened. … (続きを読む)
For the past 2 weeks now, every single time I search on Google on private browsing there would be a CAPTCHA. I tried troubleshoot mode but the same thing happened.
Fire Fox email says: Turn built-in ad blocker on, in setting browsing, not found
your message said turn it on in Settings > Browser, but the only menu item i found was Settings > Tabs and Browsing. I couldn't find anything about an ad blocker t… (続きを読む)
your message said turn it on in Settings > Browser, but the only menu item i found was Settings > Tabs and Browsing. I couldn't find anything about an ad blocker there.
I need to check out something that happened today in Firefox browser (Mac). I went into Settings, opened Privacy and security. Then clicked Advanced settings, changed th… (続きを読む)
I need to check out something that happened today in Firefox browser (Mac).
I went into Settings, opened Privacy and security. Then clicked Advanced settings, changed this to Strict; when I did this, there was a message saying there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best to disable that extension and instead should enable Resist fingerprinting protection that is in Firefox browser.
I looked up a Mozilla Support article that told how to dissable the extension; I went to about:config, saw some extensions were enabled. The top item was: "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" and it had value of True. It was only extension with name in boldface. I toggled the value to False.
I was going to do a browser restart, but first I went back to Settings, Privacy and Security, then to Advanced settings. When I got there, I selected Strict level. This time, there was no message saying anything about "there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best if I disabled that extension."
My question: since the Warning that had appeared when I was in Advanced settings the first time is now gone, does that mean that my problem is solved? Do I need to try a restart of browser? Also, I did not delete the boldface "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" extension from Advanced Preferences; should I go back and do that? Please advise.
Thank you so much, BA