Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

How can install the Fractal Image plug-in into Firefox for Windows 7?

medmalpractice

I have the plug-in necessary to view fractal images built with the now no longer Iterated Systems program "Fractal Imager." These are files with the .fif extension and the plug-in is needed to view them. The plug in I have is fully functional. The problem I am having is that I needed instructions on how to upload this plug-in into Firefox for Windows.

I have the plug-in necessary to view fractal images built with the now no longer Iterated Systems program "Fractal Imager." These are files with the .fif extension and the plug-in is needed to view them. The plug in I have is fully functional. The problem I am having is that I needed instructions on how to upload this plug-in into Firefox for Windows.

すべての返信 (1)

There has been a change in where Firefox searches for plugins and the plugins folder in the Firefox program folder is no longer scanned for plugins, so Firefox won't find them anymore if they are installed in the plugins folder instead of the "browser\plugins" folder that Firefox now scans.

You can set the plugins.load_appdir_plugins pref to true on the about:config page to make Firefox scan the "<install>/plugins/" directory for plugins like the WMP plugin (np-mswmp.dll).

You can alternatively move plugins from "<install directory>\plugins\" to "<install directory>\browser\plugins\" (create this folder when missing) to make Firefox find them again.