MISSING in Firefox 19: save bookmark search as a virtual "smart" folder
After upgrading to Firefox 19, the "Save" button to save a bookmark search as a virtual smart folder is simply missing.
I cannot find a way to save a search as a smart folder.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Fuze Meeting NPAPI Plugin
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iLok Client Helper Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- TrendMicro Toolbar Rating Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1248
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- PlayStation(R)Network Downloader Check Plug-in
- ユーザーエージェント: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
I found a mozillazine thread confirming it was removed in fx19 . It actually surprised me I had not noticed this as I thought I used it fairly frequently.
- Smart folders,what happened?
Reading that thread and other information I get the impression this is part of some greater development plan that I presume will involve the Android and Firefox OS versions. It even seems likely that at some future date this or a similar feature will be re introduced.
Meanwhile the above linked thread mentions this addon to get the option back
- and even the option to manually create such bookmarks https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Places_query_URIs