Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

why are sites I have visited while private browsing still highlighted in search results?

Kidderpore

When private browsing I would have thought that if you do a google search it shouldn't show sites you have visited before as highlighted (as visited recently) because in private browsing that info shouldn't be stored...however I find that this is indeed happening.

For instance if I have been to the New York Times website yesterday while in private browsing mode, and if today I google "New York Times", the link shows up as pink in the search results, indicating that I have already used this link before. But surely in private browsing this shouldn't be happening??

When private browsing I would have thought that if you do a google search it shouldn't show sites you have visited before as highlighted (as visited recently) because in private browsing that info shouldn't be stored...however I find that this is indeed happening. For instance if I have been to the New York Times website yesterday while in private browsing mode, and if today I google "New York Times", the link shows up as pink in the search results, indicating that I have already used this link before. But surely in private browsing this shouldn't be happening??

すべての返信 (1)

Maybe Google history is enabled.