Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
Open

can't restore backup

Pablo

So i reset my pc. And i saved a backup(BU1) of Firefox. But every time I try to restore my original backup(BU1), it keeps showing incorrect password. I know it's not but. I did find a workaround from the support page. I made a new backup(BU2). and took BU2s name and gave it to the original backup(BU1). I then replaced BU2 with BU1 in the new backup folder. But it is still asking me for a password. And from what I've read it should be using BU2s password. its not. what do I do? i can no longer access the original firefox because my windows account has been reset. What's even more annoying? I still have all of my passwords and all of my bank details. Without the back up. Because my phone and computer are synced. So I didn't even need to put a password on my PC backup. But I do need my tab groups. Any help would be much appreciated.

So i reset my pc. And i saved a backup(BU1) of Firefox. But every time I try to restore my original backup(BU1), it keeps showing incorrect password. I know it's not but. I did find a workaround from the support page. I made a new backup(BU2). and took BU2s name and gave it to the original backup(BU1). I then replaced BU2 with BU1 in the new backup folder. But it is still asking me for a password. And from what I've read it should be using BU2s password. its not. what do I do? i can no longer access the original firefox because my windows account has been reset. What's even more annoying? I still have all of my passwords and all of my bank details. Without the back up. Because my phone and computer are synced. So I didn't even need to put a password on my PC backup. But I do need my tab groups. Any help would be much appreciated.

すべての返信 (3)

Hello,

Here is a way to restore your local data : go to about:support, then click the "Open Folder" button next to the profile folder. After that, fully close Firefox. Also, make sure to back up any data in the "new" profile if there is any worth saving.

After that, open the whole BU1 folder and move all of its contents into the active profile folder. Note that tab sessions and groups are stored in the sessionstore.jsonlz4 or the sessionstore-backups/ directory, and make sure that these are fully copied over. After that, open Firefox.

There is no folder, it's Just 1 Firefox HTML Doc that's 820kb

And I tried to delete everything in the profile folder but it still asked me for a password when I opend FF

So I just read about What you were trying to do. a manual backup & Restore. But I haven't made a manual back up, I used the Firefox Back up tool. So That's all I have. I don't have my profile saved. Which I'd wish I'd known about this. Because I just found out that the Firefox back up doesn't save my tab groups, so I've just lost all of them.

質問する

投稿に返信するには あなたのアカウントにログイン する必要があります。まだアカウントをお持ちでなければ、新しい質問を開始 してください。