Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
Open

Attachment bug

Legacy

So here is what I know I could attach file in 156.0.1 then upgraded to 157.0 and now the attach button does not work!

Please help!

Thanks

So here is what I know I could attach file in 156.0.1 then upgraded to 157.0 and now the attach button does not work! Please help! Thanks

すべての返信 (12)

issue is much more then I thought dam...so I did a test setup with 157.0 and attach button work so the issue years of moving forward something broke.

I'm going to see if I can some how setup a skeleton and see if I can move all my Emails over

So it all done now likely there was a easer way but I share how I did it:

go to tools > account settings and make a note of the Email then server settings for that Email note the local directory

do this for each one and local folders

then go to C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\ rename Thunderbird to Thunderbird2

run Thunderbird and setup your Emails

now check each Email in account settings to and note its local directory by what you noted the old setup then go in like

C:\Users\_\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\(random).default\Mail\Local Folders C:\Users\_\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\(random).default-release\Mail

and from Thunderbird2 folder match the old name folder like C:\Users\_\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird2\Profiles\(random).default\Mail\pop.gmail.com to the new setup if different but may be the same C:\Users\_\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\(random).default-release\Mail\pop.gmail-1.com

for contacts copy abook.sqlite and history.sqlite over too

この投稿は Legacy により に変更されました

Until this bug gets fixed it might be easier to attach file via drag & drop. Don't you think?

Well I be!

Yes but its not like its obvious wish I knew that yesterday.

Maybe next to attach button they can say like drag and drop to attach would be helpful

Thanks

Drag & drop is a basic feature on computers. It was the first thing I learnt on my Macintosh about thirty years ago 😊

I'm running 157.0.1 and have the same problem. Tried to attached a document to an email and nothing happened.

Mapenzi said

Until this bug gets fixed it might be easier to attach file via drag & drop. Don't you think?

Drop & drag worked. Thanks

norm250 said

Mapenzi said

Until this bug gets fixed it might be easier to attach file via drag & drop. Don't you think?

Drop & drag worked. Thanks

I am having this same problem on a Linux machine. Buttons do not work. Drag and drop does not work either. If I drag a file into the message, it provides only a link that will not open on a recipients computer.

Mapenzi said

Until this bug gets fixed it might be easier to attach file via drag & drop. Don't you think?

Drag and drop does not work on my Linux computer (Pop_Os). I try dragging a file into the message, and get a link instead. When sending, I get the error message Did you forget the file? The link cannot be opened by the recipient. But I am able to attach images using the 'attach images' button.

I have another computer here running Linux Mint. The version of Thunderbird on that computer is 140.7.1 esr I can attach and send any kind of file as usual,. Is there any way to revert to an older version until the bug is fixed?

この投稿は telebruce2 により に変更されました

the problem is you can't go back to a older version unless you have a backup of the Thunderbird folder as I tried it says it incompatible.

The issue has to do with moving forward over the year like I been using Thunderbird for like 15 years I think the UI update does not seem to be working causing the the attach button not to work on the old UI the only way I could fix it was how I said above (post in review added about contacts) in order to keep all your Emails.

この投稿は Legacy により に変更されました

that makes sense. I do have a backup (and will create another one) of the Thunderbird folder. I may try treating it the way I would for installation on a new disk. Back up the TB folder and make sure I have a backup of all existing stored emails. Delete Thunderbird. Install the new version, then import the backup. It'll require re-setting up all the accounts for the email addresses I have. Quite the task, but I'll give it a shot.

質問する

投稿に返信するには あなたのアカウントにログイン する必要があります。まだアカウントをお持ちでなければ、新しい質問を開始 してください。