Firefox 157: Nova interface, how do I revert back to the previous gui?
Regarding FF v157:
- Mozilla have changed the Graphical user interface of Firefox without asking for consent or providing a clear way to revert back to the old interface, yet again. - They have made changes to the settings, so pre-installed search engines can only be toggled off and NOT removed... - There are a bunch of themes now pre-installed that can't be removed.
I think pushing a change without over way to revert, is why I a lot of people don't donate to the Mozilla foundation
すべての返信 (7)
As there are no 'edit' option on my question, I will make some corrections here.
Regarding the line/s -
"They have made changes to the settings, so pre-installed search engines can only be toggled off and NOT removed... " - this is incorrect but what Mozilla did do, was re-enable google search after I explicitly toggled it OFF....!!! "There are a bunch of themes now pre-installed that can't be removed." - this is also incorrect, but the high-contrast, high-colour offensive nova gui causing me to go into the themes to see if there was a way to revert it back to the proton gui.
So I did a mozbackup of my profile and then reinstalled 156. Because uninstalling 157 and trying to reinstall 156 resulted in a profile complaint from the 156 installer.
選ばれた解決策
From another thread: about:config browser.nova.enabled < change to disabled Thank goodness this worked. What a nightmare
WARNING from the moderator team: Changing Firefox preferences from the about:config page can sometimes break Firefox or cause strange behavior. You should only do this if you know what you're doing. Please read Firefox advanced customization and configuration options to learn more.
この投稿は Paul により
Hi,
I would not recommend that you do that.
The people who answer questions here, for the most part, are other users volunteering their time (like me), not Mozilla employees or developers. When a Mozilla employee jumps into a discussion, you'll see the Mozilla Staff label next to their name.
If you wish, you can leave feedback for developers on the Mozilla Connect website. Click the Firefox Menu
button in the toolbar, click Help and select Share ideas and feedback…. Alternatively, you can use this link. Your feedback is collected by a team that reads it and gathers data on the most common issues.
You can also file a bug report or feature request. See File a bug report or feature request for Mozilla products for details.
Paul said
I would not recommend that you do that.
Morning, What is it your not recommending?
- 156 is still inside its support window. - And toggling an option / flag in the about:config is also a valid solution - I have been doing this to address various problems and/or disable telemetry with FF for years.
thanks
I would not recommend changing that about:config preference as in the future that preference is expected to be removed.
Paul said
I would not recommend changing that about:config preference as in the future that preference is expected to be removed.
Mozilla didn't provide users with a choice, thus creating the problem. So there isn't any other choice, if like me you despise the new interface.
Mozilla have pulled this stunt every few versions, and tbh its becoming tiresome. If Thorium browser (chrome with all the google crap removed) had the same kind of customisability and a utility like Mozback, I would have stopped using FF a long while ago.
Firefox user said
about:config browser.nova.enabled < change to disabled Thank goodness this worked. What a nightmare </blockquote>
For now, Im going to mark this as the solution.