Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

Default search engine does not exist

mimdoc96

When I go to firefox preferences and then go to "search," I try to click on the arrow below "default search engine" but nothing comes up. When I try to search in the address bar, it takes me to websites named after the first word I typed. When I tried searching in a separate tool bar, I'd type something, hit enter, and nothing would happen. Please help, this is very annoying because whenever I want to search something I have to type google and then type my question in on the actual google website.

When I go to firefox preferences and then go to "search," I try to click on the arrow below "default search engine" but nothing comes up. When I try to search in the address bar, it takes me to websites named after the first word I typed. When I tried searching in a separate tool bar, I'd type something, hit enter, and nothing would happen. Please help, this is very annoying because whenever I want to search something I have to type google and then type my question in on the actual google website.
添付されたスクリーンショット

すべての返信 (1)

It seems you have no search engines installed. At the bottom of that page in Preferences you will find a button labelled "Restore Default Search Engines" and a link "Find more search engines" (neither of which I have used). The Mycroft Project is useful for adding search engines. If a website has a search engine, you can add it by clicking on the three dots towards the right of the url bar and selecting "Add Search Engine".