Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
Solved アーカイブに保管済み

Stop original message being archived when moving a message to a local folder.

g123d.murphy

I use Thunderbird to keep a copy of my Gmail emails on my local hard drive. My scenario is. I have an email in my gmail inbox which is duplicated in Thunderbird. If I move the copy in Thunderbird to a local Thunderbird folder the copy in my gmail account remains in my Gmail inbox. All fine so far. That's what I want it to do. Now my problem. I set up a filter in Thunderbird with parameters that will automatically move the email to the local folder but this time the filter also archives the copy of the email that was in my gmail inbox. I want to filter / move emails in Thunderbird without causing the copy of it that is in my actual Gmail inbox folder to be archived. I can't understand why; if I move it manually it does not archive but if I filter it it does. Any suggestions on what setting I should change?

I use Thunderbird to keep a copy of my Gmail emails on my local hard drive. My scenario is. I have an email in my gmail inbox which is duplicated in Thunderbird. If I move the copy in Thunderbird to a local Thunderbird folder the copy in my gmail account remains in my Gmail inbox. All fine so far. That's what I want it to do. Now my problem. I set up a filter in Thunderbird with parameters that will automatically move the email to the local folder but this time the filter also archives the copy of the email that was in my gmail inbox. I want to filter / move emails in Thunderbird without causing the copy of it that is in my actual Gmail inbox folder to be archived. I can't understand why; if I move it manually it does not archive but if I filter it it does. Any suggestions on what setting I should change?

すべての返信 (3)

選ばれた解決策

Use Copy instead of Move.

Thanks. That works.

この投稿は g123d.murphy により に変更されました

Why does TBird behave in this way - archiving a Move but not a Copy? What is the reasoning?

Copy means that the user must manually delete stuff periodically to clear out the folder, which is a PIA to make sure nothing gets accidentally deleted.