Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

What kind of "Personal Information" is sent in a Mozilla Firefox Crash Report?

Mountains

In the Mozilla Browser Privacy Notices it says that "Personal Information" may be collected in a crash report. What kind of information is this? Also, if I submit the URL of the website I was on when Firefox crashed, where can I see this URL? It doesn't appear to be in any of the Crash Reports I've seen so far..

In the Mozilla Browser Privacy Notices it says that "Personal Information" may be collected in a crash report. What kind of information is this? Also, if I submit the URL of the website I was on when Firefox crashed, where can I see this URL? It doesn't appear to be in any of the Crash Reports I've seen so far..

すべての返信 (9)

hi Mountains, the personal information may be the urls that you have loaded at the time of the crash, you mail address in case you specify it and other things like the list of installed addons... urls or mail addresses won't be publicly visible in crash reports, only some mozilla employees/contractors will have access to this information.

Hi! Ok, thanks for your answer!:) So unless I provide an e-mail address, or I'm logged into my webmail, and this webmail-site (or Facebook, twitter, etc) is sent to Mozilla, no personal information is sent? For example if I visit bbc.co.uk, no personal information is sent? And it is not possible for me either to see the visited URLs from my crash report? Also, is the "send the URL of the visited page" checked by default? Or do I have to opt-in to send the URL in the crash report?

philipp said

hi Mountains, the personal information may be the urls that you have loaded at the time of the crash, you mail address in case you specify it and other things like the list of installed addons... urls or mail addresses won't be publicly visible in crash reports, only some mozilla employees/contractors will have access to this information.

Hi! Ok, thanks for your answer!:) So unless I provide an e-mail address, or I'm logged into my webmail, and this webmail-site (or Facebook, twitter, etc) is sent to Mozilla, no personal information is sent? For example if I visit bbc.co.uk, no personal information is sent? And it is not possible for me either to see the visited URLs from my crash report? Also, is the "send the URL of the visited page" checked by default? Or do I have to opt-in to send the URL in the crash report?

Mountains said

So unless I provide an e-mail address, or I'm logged into my webmail, and this webmail-site (or Facebook, twitter, etc) is sent to Mozilla, no personal information is sent? For example if I visit bbc.co.uk, no personal information is sent?

exactly, and even if you're logged into any account this doesn't mean that personal information is transmitted - this might only be the case when the URL contains any clues about this, like: www.example.com/?inbox=address@example.com

And it is not possible for me either to see the visited URLs from my crash report?

no, this is not possible

Also, is the "send the URL of the visited page" checked by default? Or do I have to opt-in to send the URL in the crash report?

currently the send URL box is opt-in and not checked by default on Firefox & Firefox for Android. On Firefox OS it is opt-out...

philipp said

Mountains said
So unless I provide an e-mail address, or I'm logged into my webmail, and this webmail-site (or Facebook, twitter, etc) is sent to Mozilla, no personal information is sent? For example if I visit bbc.co.uk, no personal information is sent?

exactly, and even if you're logged into any account this doesn't mean that personal information is transmitted - this might only be the case when the URL contains any clues about this, like: www.example.com/?inbox=address@example.com

And it is not possible for me either to see the visited URLs from my crash report?

no, this is not possible

Also, is the "send the URL of the visited page" checked by default? Or do I have to opt-in to send the URL in the crash report?

currently the send URL box is opt-in and not checked by default on Firefox & Firefox for Android. On Firefox OS it is opt-out...

Thanks for your reply!:) Regarding the opt-in to send the URL to Firefox, has it been like this all the way? I thought you had to actively opt-out not to send the URL in the crash report report, or that it at least used to be so. But I'm wrong then, probably?

この投稿は Mountains により に変更されました

philipp said

Mountains said
So unless I provide an e-mail address, or I'm logged into my webmail, and this webmail-site (or Facebook, twitter, etc) is sent to Mozilla, no personal information is sent? For example if I visit bbc.co.uk, no personal information is sent?

exactly, and even if you're logged into any account this doesn't mean that personal information is transmitted - this might only be the case when the URL contains any clues about this, like: www.example.com/?inbox=address@example.com

And it is not possible for me either to see the visited URLs from my crash report?

no, this is not possible

Also, is the "send the URL of the visited page" checked by default? Or do I have to opt-in to send the URL in the crash report?

currently the send URL box is opt-in and not checked by default on Firefox & Firefox for Android. On Firefox OS it is opt-out...

Sorry for all the questions. But I have two other questions as well, I hope you could help me with those too, it's very kind of you:)

I was wandering if there is a "Unique Device ID" or something similar, that makes it possible to know that it's the same computer/browser that sends different error reports? For example if I send one error report one day, and then three days after send another error-report, would it be possible to know that this is the same computer? And the second question: if you have multiple tabs open in the browser, and you send an error-report with the URL of the visited site as well, would the URLs of all these sites be sent as well? Or just the tab I was on when the error-report was sent? I'm sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate your help!:)

hi again, no worries, we're here to answer your questions. there is no unique identifier included in a crash report & only the address of the active tab will be submitted (if you opt-in to that of course). if you are having a very individual set of extensions for example, it could be possible to link a number of crash reports to one firefox browser profile in theory though...

philipp said

hi again, no worries, we're here to answer your questions. there is no unique identifier included in a crash report & only the address of the active tab will be submitted (if you opt-in to that of course). if you are having a very individual set of extensions for example, it could be possible to link a number of crash reports to one firefox browser profile in theory though...

Thanks for your help!:) And it has been opt-in all along then? I thought maybe it was opt-out (that you actively have to un-check the box saying that you want to send the URL) before, but probably I just remember it wrong:)

as far as i know it has always been opt-in - this might change at some time in the future since an opt-out could produce more valuable data needed to troubleshoot issues...