Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Rozrisany Archiwowany

Input textbox background-color in userContent.css not accepted on some pages in Linux

qV4ATtXz

Hi there. I'm running 64-bit, Firefox 3.6.16, Linux 2.6.35, Fedora 14, and KDE. I have a custom dark theme in KDE. I setup a custom userContent.css:

[~/.mozilla/firefox/...efault/chrome]$ cat userContent.css textarea, input, select {

       color: #000000 !important;
       background-color: #ffffff !important;

}

This works on some sites, but on other sites, e.g. amazon.com search box and other important sites, I still see dark input boxes with dark text. When I look at the input box in Firebug:

userContent.css textarea, input, select {

   background-color: #FFFFFF !important;
   color: #000000 !important;

}

I'm guessing this is because of my KDE theme. However, I have "Use system colors" unchecked in my Colors preferences. Is there some about:config I have to change?

Hi there. I'm running 64-bit, Firefox 3.6.16, Linux 2.6.35, Fedora 14, and KDE. I have a custom dark theme in KDE. I setup a custom userContent.css: [~/.mozilla/firefox/...efault/chrome]$ cat userContent.css textarea, input, select { color: #000000 !important; background-color: #ffffff !important; } This works on some sites, but on other sites, e.g. amazon.com search box and other important sites, I still see dark input boxes with dark text. When I look at the input box in Firebug: userContent.css textarea, input, select { background-color: #FFFFFF !important; color: #000000 !important; } I'm guessing this is because of my KDE theme. However, I have "Use system colors" unchecked in my Colors preferences. Is there some about:config I have to change?

Wšě wotmołwy (3)

Wubrane rozrisanje

You can try to add:

-moz-appearance: none !important;

You are awesome. That worked! Thanks.

You're welcome.

You need to use that to override CSS code from build-in Firefox and OS widgets (native styles) and do all the styling yourself.