Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Wočinjeny

I keep getting "authentication error" when adding a new email account

lee_ev_2002

I keep getting "authentication error" when adding a new email account with Infomaniak, even when I use the app generated password. I am not having this problem with Outlook. I cannot disable Account Hub (1 suggested solution) in Thunderbird 157. what to do?

I keep getting "authentication error" when adding a new email account with Infomaniak, even when I use the app generated password. I am not having this problem with Outlook. I cannot disable Account Hub (1 suggested solution) in Thunderbird 157. what to do?

Wšě wotmołwy (1)

Hi lee_ev_2002,

Since you're using an Infomaniak account and an Infomaniak-generated device password, the Account Hub may be the part causing the problem rather than the password itself.

Infomaniak's current Thunderbird settings are: Incoming: mail.infomaniak.com, port 993, SSL/TLS Outgoing: mail.infomaniak.com, port 587, STARTTLS Username: your complete email address Password: the device password generated by Infomaniak.

There have been previous Thunderbird authentication problems involving the Account Hub, although the option to disable it has changed in newer Thunderbird versions.

If Thunderbird 157 is not giving you a way to bypass Account Hub, could you tell us exactly what happens after you enter the Infomaniak address and device password? A screenshot of the authentication error would also be helpful. That should tell us whether Thunderbird is rejecting the password or whether Account Hub is failing before it gets that far.

Stajće prašenje

Dyrbiće so pola swojeho konta přizjewić, zo byšće na přinoški wotmołwił. Prošu stajće nowe prašenje, jeli hišće wužiwarske konto nimaće.