Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Archiwowany

Sending of the message failed. The Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.gmail.com does not support the selected authentication method. Please change the 'Authentication method' in Account Settings | Outgoing Server (SMTP)'

Casteele Bartholomew

I keep trying to configure ThunderBird for gmail. receiving email works fine, but not sending. i always get this message: Send Message Error Sending of the message failed. The Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.gmail.com does not support the selected authentication method. Please change the 'Authentication method' in Account Settings | Outgoing Server (SMTP)' Please help!

I keep trying to configure ThunderBird for gmail. receiving email works fine, but not sending. i always get this message: Send Message Error Sending of the message failed. The Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.gmail.com does not support the selected authentication method. Please change the 'Authentication method' in Account Settings | Outgoing Server (SMTP)' Please help!

Wšě wotmołwy (1)

I do note: if I use port 465 (TLS/SSL), ThungerBird hangs/fails to connect. If I use port 587 (StartTLS) I get the above error almost immediately.