Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Rozrisany Archiwowany

account password error

Jim

When I tried to sign in to Firefox to view passwords using the CORRECT username and password it failed. I was able to access the passwords by signing in using my PIN.

My question is: why did Firefox reject my correct username and password?

When I tried to sign in to Firefox to view passwords using the CORRECT username and password it failed. I was able to access the passwords by signing in using my PIN. My question is: why did Firefox reject my correct username and password?

Wšě wotmołwy (3)

Wubrane rozrisanje

Hello   Jim,

Would you please take a look at this article :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/lockwise-password-authentication-prompt

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In case you want to disable this feature :

Type in the address bar   about:config   and press Enter.
(ignore the warning)

Type in the search bar and look for the preference :

signon.management.page.os-auth.enabled

Change its value to   false.

Then close and restart Firefox.

(this preference may be removed sometime in the near future )

McCoy: Thanks very much for you prompt reply. Your solution did the trick! And it's a good thing because I was lost in all the Help articles and about ready to reinstall FF which of course, would not have fixed the problem. Really, really, appreciate the clear, concise solution you offered!

My pleasure Jim   -   have a nice day !