Showing questions for topic:

I can't add a new email adress into thunderbird even with all the correct infos

Thunderbird told me that I had to give the password of one of my email adresses again. So I added it but it did not work, so I changed my adress' password online and trie… (saznaj više)

Thunderbird told me that I had to give the password of one of my email adresses again. So I added it but it did not work, so I changed my adress' password online and tried again, still nothing ; so I deleted my address from thunderbird and tried to ass it again but it still doesn't work

I checked all the previous infos, IMAPetc, everything is correct except in the end when I add the password (which is correct because I can access my email adress on the website with it), it does not work

I tried all the solutions I could find, like deactivating the "account hub" option, or getting rid of my antivirus, but nothing works...

Open 1

Thunderbird mobile email accounts are confusing!

Hi, the android Thunderbird mobile app shows all email accounts in one folder and is very confusing! is it possible to view each email account in a separate folder? thank… (saznaj više)

Hi, the android Thunderbird mobile app shows all email accounts in one folder and is very confusing!

is it possible to view each email account in a separate folder? thank you
Open 2

Beta: after QR import, Google accounts show "restore apps" screen, blank accounts.google.com page, and an email address prompt

Device: Google Pixel 10 XL, Android 17 App: Thunderbird Beta for Android 24.0b2 Desktop: Thunderbird 157.0.1 (64-bit, release channel) I imported my eight accounts from T… (saznaj više)

Device: Google Pixel 10 XL, Android 17 App: Thunderbird Beta for Android 24.0b2 Desktop: Thunderbird 157.0.1 (64-bit, release channel)

I imported my eight accounts from Thunderbird Desktop using Tools > Export for Mobile and scanned the QR codes in the beta app. The scan worked and the accounts imported, but setup had several confusing steps:

1. For each Google account, an Android screen appeared saying "select which apps to restore", as if I were setting up a new phone. I didn't know what to select, so I skipped it each time. 2. After skipping, a blank accounts.google.com page appeared. I never saw a normal Google permission screen. 3. After the last account, the app showed a screen asking me to enter an email address and would not let me continue. When I pressed back and reopened the app, all accounts were there and receiving mail, so it seems to be a leftover add-account prompt after a successful import.

For comparison, with the stable app, the same accounts imported into K-9 Mail with the same kind of QR code with no restore-apps screen, no blank page, and no extra prompt. Gmail accounts signed in normally.

The accounts work, so this is about confusing setup steps rather than lost data.

Expected: Google accounts sign in through the normal permission flow without the Android restore-apps screen, and the app goes to the inbox after import without asking for another account.

Open 1

How do I sop Thunderbird trying to download messages from an account that is now dead

I have an account - david.woodcock@skynet .be that is no longer active. But Thunderbird is still trying to connect to it and download messages. How do I stop Thunderbird … (saznaj više)

I have an account - david.woodcock@skynet .be that is no longer active. But Thunderbird is still trying to connect to it and download messages. How do I stop Thunderbird from trying to access this account?

Solved 5 1

Multiple firefox account login for ios

How can I log into 2 different firefox accounts on ios? In Firefox app there is no option to sign-in to second account, and there is no other Firefox browser that lets me… (saznaj više)

How can I log into 2 different firefox accounts on ios? In Firefox app there is no option to sign-in to second account, and there is no other Firefox browser that lets me log in, that would have helped 2 different accounts using different browsers. Is this possible?

Open 1

Solved: Deleted account continues to prompt ""Mozilla Thunderbird Email wants access to your Google Account"

This is not a question, but rather the solution I found. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I couldn't find a better place. THE PROBLEM I deleted an account. Bu… (saznaj više)

This is not a question, but rather the solution I found. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I couldn't find a better place.

THE PROBLEM I deleted an account. But every time I start Thunderbird, this message pops up in Firefox browser: "Mozilla Thunderbird Email wants access to your Google Account" -- and it's for the deleted account!

I tried all the suggestions I found on the internet, but none of them solved it:

  • Add the account again, then delete again
  • In Thunderbird Settings - Privacy and Security - Saved Passwords: delete anything with that name
  • In Account Settings - Outgoing Server: delete anything with that name
  • Calendar: delete anything with that name

Finally, one more thing did it:

  • Address book: delete anything with that name;
  • even delete address book with no name. Aha! It was this last step that did it.
Open 1 20

Changing order of maiboxes in Thunderbird

I have 5 email addresses on my Thunderbird set up. I want to change the order in which they appear so that the addresses I use most frequently appear at the top. I have t… (saznaj više)

I have 5 email addresses on my Thunderbird set up. I want to change the order in which they appear so that the addresses I use most frequently appear at the top. I have tried drag and drop and that does not work and I cannot find a relevant article searching on Support. Any ideas please?

Solved 3

I got an email at my old email address saying I didn't sign in for 2 years.

Almost 3 years ago I got married and changed my last name. My Hotmail address has my old last name, so I started a new Outlook address & tried to get started here us… (saznaj više)

Almost 3 years ago I got married and changed my last name. My Hotmail address has my old last name, so I started a new Outlook address & tried to get started here using that. I was hoping that any email from Mozilla would go to the Outlook address, but I just got an email at the Hotmail address saying that I hadn't signed in for 2 years. I do remember a few times I had trouble signing in. The "owner" of this computer is still me - using my maiden name - if that matters. Now I don't know if I have more than one Mozilla account or what. Is there some way I can get things sorted out?

Open 1

Not able to switch default email account

I have 2 PlusNet accounts & 1 Yahoo account, which I now use as my main email. The PlusNet email(s) are about to become defunct because I am opting out of it being so… (saznaj više)

I have 2 PlusNet accounts & 1 Yahoo account, which I now use as my main email. The PlusNet email(s) are about to become defunct because I am opting out of it being sold to Greenby. I had both IMAP & POP3 PlusNet accounts on TB. I have managed to delete the IMAP account, but I'm not able to switch my default email to Yahoo (greyed out button) & I'm scared to delete the PlusNet POP3 (or confirm my Greenby opt out) until I've confirmed Yahoo as my default/only email account on TB. I'm not confident Yahoo will automatically become my default if I delete PlusNet POP3.

Please help I'm old & not very techie.

Solved 2

Adding multiple outlook email accounts to thunderbird 147.

I am trying to add 3 outlook.com email accounts. The first one works. The other 2 fail on the outbound server. Each account uses smtp.office365.com. I use Oauth for both… (saznaj više)

I am trying to add 3 outlook.com email accounts. The first one works. The other 2 fail on the outbound server. Each account uses smtp.office365.com. I use Oauth for both incoming and outgoing. Fails on identification.

I have tried everything I can find on line.

Ees

Open 4

Thunderbird with Microsoft 365 shows AADSTS90094 “Admin consent required”

We are unable to add a corporate Microsoft 365 mailbox to Thunderbird. During OAuth sign-in, Microsoft shows “Need admin approval” and Entra logs: AADSTS90094: Admin cons… (saznaj više)

We are unable to add a corporate Microsoft 365 mailbox to Thunderbird. During OAuth sign-in, Microsoft shows “Need admin approval” and Entra logs: AADSTS90094: Admin consent is required for the permissions requested by this application. We have confirmed: - Thunderbird App ID: 9e5f94bc-e8a4-4e73-b8be-63364c29d753 - User assignment is not required - The tenant allows microsoft-user-default-allow-consent-apps - Thunderbird is included in that policy - No exclusion rule is configured - Conditional Access and sign-in risk are not causing the failure - A clean Thunderbird reinstall/profile still gives the same error Existing Thunderbird users still work, but some newly configured users cannot complete OAuth consent. Has anyone seen this recently, or is there a known Thunderbird/Microsoft 365 OAuth issue affecting new account setup?

Open

I use thunderbird 156.0.1. I have two email accounts set in that, one ,my gmail and the other my official mail with a google mail business email account. Cannot install another gmail business email. Error message says incoming server exists

I use thunderbird 156.0.1. I have two email accounts set in that, one ,my gmail and the other my official mail with a google mail business email account. Cannot install a… (saznaj više)

I use thunderbird 156.0.1. I have two email accounts set in that, one ,my gmail and the other my official mail with a google mail business email account. Cannot install another gmail business email. Error message says incoming server exists

Open 20

Asking for authorisation after deleting account

I disconnected a Google Workspace account - Calendar and mail - from a former workplace. As far as I can tell, it's been deleted from Thunderbird. However, I'll still get… (saznaj više)

I disconnected a Google Workspace account - Calendar and mail - from a former workplace. As far as I can tell, it's been deleted from Thunderbird.

However, I'll still get dialog boxes and an occasional browser popup asking me to reauthorise it.

How do I get rid of it once and for all?

Open 2 10

Top level of Account Levels "doesn't take" (bug2069949)

The issue is that the text I type into the top level of account settings, which has Account Name, and Default Identity, doesn't save. Initially I entered the email addre… (saznaj više)

The issue is that the text I type into the top level of account settings, which has Account Name, and Default Identity, doesn't save. Initially I entered the email address and Thunderbird found the correct details, but I was creating seven new accounts and was going to come back later and fill in the details. However, the details on this page don't stick, wand it reverts to blank entries (as shown in the attached image), and each account's name defaults to the email address. It's awkward because if I create a new message it won't add a signature because that gets cleared with the other details on this page.

This might be related to an earlier question I asked Delete Account button doesn't work. since it's on the same page as the DELETE button. This suggests to me that there's a script engine that I'm missing on my PC. This is only a guess. I use Fire Fox as my main browser, and Vivaldi as a backup. As I say, this is only a guess.

Open 5 10