Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pretraži podršku

Izbjegni prevare podrške. Nikad te nećemo tražiti da nas nazoveš, da nam pošalješ telefonski broj ili da podijeliš osobne podatke. Prijavi sumnjive radnje pomoću opcije „Prijavi zlouporabu”.

Saznaj više
Open

Update broke ability to choose where to open PDFs.

susantaxservice

Adobe auto updated. The ability to choose where a PDF is opened or downloaded is now missing. Completely makes FireFox unsuitable for what I do.

I did redo all the settings to 'ask before'. Refreshed FireFox. Tried changing it in the popup where I choose what to print.

What do I need to fix?

Adobe auto updated. The ability to choose where a PDF is opened or downloaded is now missing. Completely makes FireFox unsuitable for what I do. I did redo all the settings to 'ask before'. Refreshed FireFox. Tried changing it in the popup where I choose what to print. What do I need to fix?

Svi odgovori (8)

Do you have any steps to reproduce this issue?

I have nothing that I can post. Before it produced a pop up that asked where to save file. I had three choices, open in Firefox, open in adobe, or save file. Now it only opens in a new browser.

I guess it's about embedded PDFs. You can go to about:config and switch pdfjs.disabled to true. It should produce a fallback page with an option to open in Adobe Reader.

It made a change. What I do is probably a little odd as the website I use generates a pop up that gives me the choices of what I want to display. Once I choose an option it now opens a new tab that says "The PDF cannot be displayed here" with a button that offers to open pdf. Then I get a new pop up with 2 choices.

Rather not have two steps. I like the old way. Any other changes I can do?

Try turning off Always ask, just select directly Adobe Reader in the Settings.

You can also report a bug in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org.

Each time I need it to do something else. I use all three options on a regular basis!

I am sending a bug report. Thank you much.

Izmjenjeno od susantaxservice

Please also share your bug URL here.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2076852

Thank you. This is quite the mess. If it wasn't for security I would roll back from this update.

Postavi pitanje

Za odgovaranje na poruke moraš se prijaviti na tvoj račun. Postavi novo pitanje, ako još nemaš račun.