Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pretraži podršku

Izbjegni prevare podrške. Nikad te nećemo tražiti da nas nazoveš, da nam pošalješ telefonski broj ili da podijeliš osobne podatke. Prijavi sumnjive radnje pomoću opcije „Prijavi zlouporabu”.

Saznaj više
Solved Arhivirano

After last update of firefox browser does not operate properly, cannot view settings, go to pages etc.

bebory1

After the last update of firefox the browser stopped interacting. I cannot go to websites, I cannot access any of the settings or addons. I can view the bookmarks and have backed them up. I do have Kaspersky for firewall and antivirus. Would love to stop using chrome and get back to firefox.

After the last update of firefox the browser stopped interacting. I cannot go to websites, I cannot access any of the settings or addons. I can view the bookmarks and have backed them up. I do have Kaspersky for firewall and antivirus. Would love to stop using chrome and get back to firefox.

Svi odgovori (3)

Odabrano rješenje

You can check for issues caused by a corrupted or incomplete Visual C++ installation that is missing runtime components (Redistributable Packages) required by Firefox, especially VCRUNTIME140_1.dll.

See "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019":

You may not need the latter (32-bit version) if you use 64-bit Firefox. You may have to reboot the computer.

Worked Great Thank you, I have been battling this for a week. Thanks!

You're welcome.

Note that this can happen if you uninstall an application that has installed these runtime components and the reference counter reaches zero what makes Windows think that these files are no longer in use and thus decides to install them.