Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla Support में खोजें

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

How do I get my old profile, bookmarks, and all my passwords back?

Mikeyel

My old laptop crashed and I don't know how to access my old bookmarks and passwords.

Trying to go through SYNC did NOT help ... still nothing.

I need someone to help me figure this out.

My old laptop crashed and I don't know how to access my old bookmarks and passwords. Trying to go through SYNC did NOT help ... still nothing. I need someone to help me figure this out.

All Replies (3)

If Sync didn’t bring them back, don’t assume everything is lost yet. Your old **Firefox profile may still be on the crashed laptop’s hard drive**.

If the drive is still accessible, look for:

C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

The important files are places.sqlite for bookmarks/history and logins.json + key4.db for saved passwords. I’d avoid resetting or reinstalling Firefox on the old drive until you’ve copied that profile somewhere safe. If you can still access the old drive, tell us whether it’s Windows 10 or 11 and whether the laptop still starts at all, and someone can walk you through recovering the profile.

I was able to find my folder in the data migration. Didn't realize AppData was a hidden file.

I have a folder with all three of the above mentioned files but no HTML file was included.

I am still confused on how to get my passwords and bookmarks back.

Both old laptop and new laptop run Windows 11. Old laptop is totally crashed.

The data migration that Micro Center ran copied into AppData folder.

I found places.sqlite, logins.json, and key4.db files but don't know how to use them to recover my passwords and bookmarks.

प्रश्न पूछें

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.