Showing questions for topic:
Nuna amsoshi da aka yiwa shaida:

How do I turn the tabs back to how they were before?

After an update (seemingly, I did not run 'sudo pacman -Syu'), the tabs have changed in look and to be frank i find the new layout ugly. How do I turn it back? Attached i… (daɗa karatu)

After an update (seemingly, I did not run 'sudo pacman -Syu'), the tabs have changed in look and to be frank i find the new layout ugly. How do I turn it back? Attached is a photo of the new tab groups, i couldn't get one of the circular tabs.

Open 1

Option to eager load pages on new tabs

When I open many new tabs, I'd like them all to be loaded immediately (as soon as they the new tab is created, a.k.a. eager loading). The reason is that, when I click to … (daɗa karatu)

When I open many new tabs, I'd like them all to be loaded immediately (as soon as they the new tab is created, a.k.a. eager loading). The reason is that, when I click to actually see those pages, if they are already fully loaded, that will make user experience much smoother.

Please see attached image for a demo of current behavior: browser had plenty of time to load those new tabs in background, but it didn't.

I understand that lazy page loading is a way to preserve RAM and CPU cycles. I know that is usually a good thing for users who are used to working with only one thing at a time and/or have limited hardware resources. However, I think there should be an opt-in feature of eager loading, which would optimize a lot the time for experienced/heavy users.

Thank you!

Open 1

Process manager missing some open pages

I often use the process manager to find open tabs, since only the front one in each open window shows up in the Window drop-down menu. (And I sure wish those windows woul… (daɗa karatu)

I often use the process manager to find open tabs, since only the front one in each open window shows up in the Window drop-down menu. (And I sure wish those windows would read as the WEBSITE and not the specific page name, as it often gives no help in knowing what website it is)

However, sometimes, like just now, it won't show one or more open tabs! Why? Today I was looking for my Google Voice Messages page, and did not see it anywhere in the list. I thought, maybe I had closed it, but when I manually scrolled through all my open windows, I found it on one of them! Can we not count on the process manager to show us all open tabs?

Open 2

tab group style

Hello, where does one find the option to return old tab folder look? These bubbles look ridiculous and remind me of the 'corporate art'. As a long time user, my heart ju… (daɗa karatu)

Hello, where does one find the option to return old tab folder look?

These bubbles look ridiculous and remind me of the 'corporate art'. As a long time user, my heart just cannot accept this. I was on the verge of crying when I saw this on my PC (I have been actively avoiding this update after seeing it on my laptop). I have looked everywhere in the settings but did not succeed on my own.

Would greatly appreciate the help before I double my OCD medication norm

Open

no drag and drop of tabs anymore?

Before the last update, I’m using version 157.0 now, it was possible to simply move a complete Firefox tab using drag-and-drop. I frequently used this feature in a multi-… (daɗa karatu)

Before the last update, I’m using version 157.0 now, it was possible to simply move a complete Firefox tab using drag-and-drop. I frequently used this feature in a multi-monitor setup. While it is still possible via a right-click and the "Move Tab" option, that takes more effort than simply clicking and dragging.

Is that just switched off and hidden in some options, and really no longer possible?

Thank you,

Open

How can I force FF (win11 v157.0) to always open links in new tab ?

How can I force FF (win11 v157.0) to always open links in a new tab without using <Ctrl> click or "center-wheel" click ? I found these commands but nothing has chan… (daɗa karatu)

How can I force FF (win11 v157.0) to always open links in a new tab without using <Ctrl> click or "center-wheel" click ?

I found these commands but nothing has changed about:config browser.newtabpage.enabled true browser.search.openintab true browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs true Set browser.link.open_newwindow to 3 set browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction to 0

Open

Size of sidebar too big in vertical tab

Hi, i recently update my firefox to the latest version nova and i face some dissapointment with firefox; the side bar in my vertical tab is too big, i search online for s… (daɗa karatu)

Hi, i recently update my firefox to the latest version nova and i face some dissapointment with firefox;

the side bar in my vertical tab is too big, i search online for solution but i could not find it;

is this a buildin thing or i can just fix it with settings

Open 1

Settings - New Window

Would it be possible to add a Settings option to open a previously defined Tab Group to open as a Tab Group (rather than as a list of individual tabs) when a new Firefox … (daɗa karatu)

Would it be possible to add a Settings option to open a previously defined Tab Group to open as a Tab Group (rather than as a list of individual tabs) when a new Firefox Window is opened or Firefox is started?

Open

Tabs no longer remember the file location of local folders

Hi, since the latest update, whenever I'm in a tab (e.g. email or personal website) and I go to upload files, all tabs show the last location of the last upload from any … (daɗa karatu)

Hi, since the latest update, whenever I'm in a tab (e.g. email or personal website) and I go to upload files, all tabs show the last location of the last upload from any tab whereas previously they showed the location of the relevant tab. E.g. on a tab for my website it would previously open the location of my website files and if I switch to my email tab it would open the location of my email attachments. Now it doesn't seem to remember the loaction by individual tab it just starts in the location of the used loaction across all tabs.

Not sure if that makes sense, it's very annoying as I have to keep searching the location again between tabs.

Can this be changed back please so it remembers locations on a individual tab basis and not globally?

Thanks

Open 6 1 41

Where are my tab groups?

I lost all my open tabs with the new update, across all devices. 1. Can we please have a dedicated tab group area somewhere? even if there is no active tab group, just s… (daɗa karatu)

I lost all my open tabs with the new update, across all devices.

1. Can we please have a dedicated tab group area somewhere? even if there is no active tab group, just so we know that Firefox knows or not? I saved a bunch of tab groups and all of them are lost across my devices.

2. "Save and close group" makes the entire thing lost. It is nowhere. Not in history either.

Open 1 1 10

Where is the "new tab" button in the "lesezeichen"-leiste?

My account login details were out of date; I was automatically logged out. After re-registering, the ‘new tab’ option has disappeared from the bookmarks bar. When I tap o… (daɗa karatu)

My account login details were out of date; I was automatically logged out. After re-registering, the ‘new tab’ option has disappeared from the bookmarks bar. When I tap on a bookmark, the page I was previously viewing disappears. Very, very inconvenient!

Solved 1

Is there a suggestion box for Firefox?

I wish I could manage which colours to select from for tab groups (I'm not particularly fond of the current options). I also wish I could manage the number of colours (th… (daɗa karatu)

I wish I could manage which colours to select from for tab groups (I'm not particularly fond of the current options). I also wish I could manage the number of colours (there are currently to few). And i struggle to find a suggestions box to slip my wishes into.

PS. I miss the old tab group shape (the tiny squares), maybe make that an option, as well?

Solved 2

The new tab button has vanished since Firefox v157 update.

Firefox updated this morning to v157.0. It did something weird. It made the new tab button (a plus sigm located at the bottom of the vertical tabs indicator bar. for the … (daɗa karatu)

Firefox updated this morning to v157.0. It did something weird. It made the new tab button (a plus sigm located at the bottom of the vertical tabs indicator bar. for the browser disappear completely! I'm gonna need that someday, Like several times per day. Pleasw let me know it there's anything I need to do to get the add tab button back.

Open 1