Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Option to eager load pages on new tabs

awvalenti

When I open many new tabs, I'd like them all to be loaded immediately (as soon as they the new tab is created, a.k.a. eager loading). The reason is that, when I click to actually see those pages, if they are already fully loaded, that will make user experience much smoother.

Please see attached image for a demo of current behavior: browser had plenty of time to load those new tabs in background, but it didn't.

I understand that lazy page loading is a way to preserve RAM and CPU cycles. I know that is usually a good thing for users who are used to working with only one thing at a time and/or have limited hardware resources. However, I think there should be an opt-in feature of eager loading, which would optimize a lot the time for experienced/heavy users.

Thank you!

When I open many new tabs, I'd like them all to be loaded immediately (as soon as they the new tab is created, a.k.a. eager loading). The reason is that, when I click to actually see those pages, if they are already fully loaded, that will make user experience much smoother. Please see attached image for a demo of current behavior: browser had plenty of time to load those new tabs in background, but it didn't. I understand that lazy page loading is a way to preserve RAM and CPU cycles. I know that is usually a good thing for users who are used to working with only one thing at a time and/or have limited hardware resources. However, I think there should be an opt-in feature of eager loading, which would optimize a lot the time for experienced/heavy users. Thank you!
Hoton allon fuska da aka liƙa

All Replies (1)

Do you get the same in a clean testing profile? (This is not how it behaves / should behave out of the box. You can try a Linux VM on https://browser.lol/ for comparison.)

Yi tambaya

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.