Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Wannan tattunawa ta zama daɗaɗɗiya. Yi sabuwar tambaya idan ka na bukatar taimako.
Ajiyayyu

If I want to reinstall Firefox, must I remove existing files first? If so, how?

call_the_scribe

FF has slowed down to a snail's pace. Often hangs up completely. Occasionally get message about script running. Have already tried emptying cache and reloading FF over the existing file. Am wondering if I should be uninstalling the existing file first. If so, how do I do that?

BTW, I'm currently struggling with version 3.6.3 on a Mac.

FF has slowed down to a snail's pace. Often hangs up completely. Occasionally get message about script running. Have already tried emptying cache and reloading FF over the existing file. Am wondering if I should be uninstalling the existing file first. If so, how do I do that? BTW, I'm currently struggling with version 3.6.3 on a Mac.

All Replies (2)

OK. So I figured out how to uninstall and reinstall FF. Now have version 3.6.12 running . . . or I should say "still crawling" along. It's almost totally unresponsive to my mouse. I have 3 other active browsers on my Mac, but hav no problems with any of them.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening . . . and how to correct it?

PS: By "unresponsive," I mean It feels "stuck" when I try to scroll down . .. create text, etc.