Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Bookmarks being carried over despite account deletion

Gustavo Toledo

Hello,

I have been facing an issue that I want to completely delete all of the bookmarks associated with Mozilla Firefox. Manually deleting them works temporarily, however, they return to the bookmarks bar upon reinstalling Firefox and logging on to my account

I have already tried deleting my Mozilla account completely and used RevoUninstaller to delete all and any Firefox files from my system (done this to one of my computers). Still, the bookmarks return when I reinstall Firefox and log in to my account. I have also tried not syncing with other browsers, and the bookmarks still return when I log in to the Firefox account.

This persistence is annoying, because I really would like my bookmarks data from Firefox to be completely wiped out, but it seems that they are returning even upon account deletion (I created a new account using the same old e-mail).

Could someone please help me with this issue?

Hello, I have been facing an issue that I want to completely delete all of the bookmarks associated with Mozilla Firefox. Manually deleting them works temporarily, however, they return to the bookmarks bar upon reinstalling Firefox and logging on to my account I have already tried deleting my Mozilla account completely and used RevoUninstaller to delete all and any Firefox files from my system (done this to one of my computers). Still, the bookmarks return when I reinstall Firefox and log in to my account. I have also tried not syncing with other browsers, and the bookmarks still return when I log in to the Firefox account. This persistence is annoying, because I really would like my bookmarks data from Firefox to be completely wiped out, but it seems that they are returning even upon account deletion (I created a new account using the same old e-mail). Could someone please help me with this issue?

All Replies (1)

Hi,

Looks like you're dealing with a Mozilla account issue. We have direct one-to-one support for Mozilla accounts (which is different from a peer-to-peer support forum like this one).

Please submit a new ticket from this page so our support agent can assist you further.

Yi tambaya

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.