Browser color changed, appears to have changed after a Windows 11 Update
The browser color changed. It appears to have changed after a Windows 11 Update. Now the top part is a light lavender color except that on the right side it gradually changes to a slight orange tint. The bar on the left is also a light lavender color. As I recall the borders were a gray color before. Why did the colors change and how can I get the color back that I want?
Thanks
All Replies (2)
I did some more checking and found that if I click on a Ash Theme, it does revert back to what I remember I had before so the color issue is resolved but it's strange that it changed with no intervention from me.
Hi Wayne, You are exactly right! Switching to the "Ash" theme (or any other classic theme) is the correct fix to bring back the traditional look you prefer. What you experienced was actually the arrival of the new Firefox "Nova" visual redesign. The default theme was updated to feature a new, modern color palette with distinct light lavender tones and soft orange "breathing" gradients around the active tabs. Because this update happened seamlessly in the background, it commonly gets confused with Windows updates that require a PC restart. If you ever want to adjust your colors further in the future, you can easily experiment with more options by clicking the Menu button ☰ > Extensions and Themes > Themes to toggle between Light, Dark, or other community looks. Thank you for updating your thread with the solution to help other community members facing the same surprise!