Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Eheka Pytyvõha

Emboyke pytyvõha apovai. Ndorojeruremo’ãi ehenói térã eñe’ẽmondóvo pumbyrýpe ha emoherakuãvo marandu nemba’etéva. Emombe’u tembiapo imarãkuaáva ko “Marandu iñañáva” rupive.

Kuaave
Oĩporãmava Ñongatupyre

Firefox Sync keeps restoring my deleted bookrmarks

tlwu2008

Dear Firefox Team,

I am using Firefox in two laptops, one Win10 and one Win11. My situation is as the following:

1. Bookmarks in two laptops have already been synced. 2. On laptop1 I login Firefox, delete some bookmarks, and sync. 3. On laptop2 I login Firefox, sync, then all my deleted bookmarks are restored in laptop2. (4. If I login Firefox on laptop1 later, deleted bookmarks come back too.)

I expect 3. not to happen because I expect Firefox uses data modified time to decide which is the latest. However the above situation keeps happening.

Could you please guide me how to not restored deleted bookmarks? Thank you.

Dear Firefox Team, I am using Firefox in two laptops, one Win10 and one Win11. My situation is as the following: 1. Bookmarks in two laptops have already been synced. 2. On laptop1 I login Firefox, delete some bookmarks, and sync. 3. On laptop2 I login Firefox, sync, then all my deleted bookmarks are restored in laptop2. (4. If I login Firefox on laptop1 later, deleted bookmarks come back too.) I expect 3. not to happen because I expect Firefox uses data modified time to decide which is the latest. However the above situation keeps happening. Could you please guide me how to not restored deleted bookmarks? Thank you.

Opaite Mbohovái (2)

Ñemoĩporã poravopyre

Do you disconnect (logout) in between as loging in again will cause an initial Sync ?

You can use a password reset to clear all data stored on the Sync server.

Yes, as you mentioned, I found that loging in again will push all bookmarks of this computer onto the cloud even if some has been deleted and synced from the other computer. This solved my issue. Thank you!