Este fío arquivouse. Faga unha nova pregunta se precisa axuda.
how to get yahoo off as a web results when asking a question?
on version 17, i type in a question in the web bar (go to a website bar window) and all of the search is done by yahoo and not google. in the right hand side, i have already chosen google as the main search engine, but this must only apply if i type in a word in that box.
e.g. i type in volvo and this is the answer that is in the box http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=volvo below is the whole yahoo search results.
if i type in a word or question, i would like the google results as in the older firefox versions.
how do i get the yahoo results and engine permanently removed and replaced with google in my version 17 firefox?
All Replies (2)
In order to change the default search engine or the order of search engines in the top right search box in Firefox, please perform the following steps:
- Move the mouse cursor inside the search box at the top right of the Firefox window and click the down arrow next to the provider's logo.
- If you would like to select another search engine, simply pick the engine from the dropdown list.
In order to change the order of the search engines, do this:
- From the dropdown list, select Manage Search Engines....
- In the upcoming window, you have all your search engines listed. To change the order, simply click one search engine and then select Move up or Move down from the buttons on the right side in order to change the order of the search engines.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Try to reset some preferences to the default with the SearchReset extension:
You can also try this updated version:
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).