Help fix few setting compared to chrome (new user)
Hi! I finally decided to switch to Firefox :) So far it's great, yet there are a few things that are different from Chrome (that I've used for more than 10 years). Some of the things I found already, but there are others that are obscure, and I would appreciate your help in finding them!
1. When typing something in the search bar and clicking the middle mouse button to open it in a new tab, it auto switches to that tab. I found settings for auto-switching from bookmarks and a few other places, but this one still eludes me.
2. Reopen closed tab. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not open the last tab that I've closed (only some random one?). I have no idea how it should work, but on Chrome it just opens the last closed tab. Is it possible to change this behavior to work the same way?
3. I have multiple monitors (probably like most people nowadays). When I want to move a tab to another monitor, so it makes a new window it's super weird. Sometimes when I move it over another programs window it just doesn't work, sometimes if I move too quickly it also doesn't work. Any way to fix this?
Other than that I've enjoyed my stay so far :)
All Replies (2)
2. Are you right-clicking the tab bar > Reopen Closed Tab or using the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+T)? You can see the undo queue in ≡ > History > Recently closed tabs. Try disabling your extensions in case they are interfering.
3. Dropping a tab into a different application will produce varied results since it is not the same as dragging a window over the top. You can move a tab into a window first by right-clicking > Move Tab > Move to New Window or drag the tab down over the Firefox window.
1. You can hold the Shift key when middle-clicking the Go button to open the URL in the background. 2. If you use the History menu/panel -> "Recently Closed Tabs", then you have finer control and can see all the tabs in this window that you can reopen. 3. I'm not using multiple monitors, so I can't test how this works.