Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Argivearre

I cannot 'unset' the default outgoing server

simon149

I use Thunderbird with two different ISPs (one with multiple email accounts), which require different outgoing mail servers. In the Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings box, one of these is set as the default - i.e. in bold with (Default) after the server address. I can change which of the the email accounts is the default (and therefore its outgoing server) using the Set Default button to the right of this box, but I can find no way to deselect any of them from being the default. How do you do this?

I use Thunderbird with two different ISPs (one with multiple email accounts), which require different outgoing mail servers. In the Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings box, one of these is set as the default - i.e. in bold with (Default) after the server address. I can change which of the the email accounts is the default (and therefore its outgoing server) using the Set Default button to the right of this box, but I can find no way to deselect any of them from being the default. How do you do this?

Alle antwurden (1)

You must have one default. That is, you cannot deselect the default. Instead, you must select a different one.