Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Argivearre

Can I add tags to Contacts?

Spandoc

I see I can add tags to messages, which highlights them in colour. That's great. Can't I do this with Contacts, so that whenever I receive a message from a tagged contact, it shows in the relevant colour?

I see I can add tags to messages, which highlights them in colour. That's great. Can't I do this with Contacts, so that whenever I receive a message from a tagged contact, it shows in the relevant colour?

Alle antwurden (3)

Use a Message Filter to tag the message, based on the sender.

Sorry don't understand. Could you give more precise instructions please?

I don't see that I'd want to tag messages by hand. I'd expect it to be automatic, and for that I'd use a filter. So we can use a filter to automatically apply tags to incoming messages.

Tools|Message Filters

New...

"from" "is" ... (you could use "contains" or "ends with" instead of "is")

In the actions part,

"tag message" and select an appropriate tag.

It's not as neat as your suggested solution, since with your approach you'd set a tag against a contact and the job would be done. Here you need to create a filter for each sender of interest, and look up their email address to enter it into the filter. But you could easily cover multiple associated addresses (say, all at one business) with one filter (possibly using mulitple rules), whereas with tagging Contacts, you'd need each sender to be added to your address book and individually tagged. Your method falls over if a new sender appears and you don't yet have them in your address book.