Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Oplost Argivearre

how to save multiple websites (not urls) opened in tabs as a .txt file ?

adamail

it is very simple to save a single tab (website) as txt file, but how do I do that when I want to save let's say 50 opened tabs (websites) as a txt file?

it is very simple to save a single tab (website) as txt file, but how do I do that when I want to save let's say 50 opened tabs (websites) as a txt file?
Dit antwurd yn kontekst lêze

Keazen oplossing

.....It turns out THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, so the problem has solved itself by being impossible to solve :P

Bewurke troch adamail op

Alle antwurden (7)

Try the Shelve addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/shelve/

It has a auto-save mode that should help here.

This addon is crap, doesn't do anything, it doesn't even run! no help at all

I want to get the content of multiple opened tabs (websites - e.g. wikipedia pages) in a .txt file

Bewurke troch adamail op

Keazen oplossing

.....It turns out THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, so the problem has solved itself by being impossible to solve :P

Bewurke troch adamail op

I understand what you want to do but no addon exists to do this the exact way you want it.

Shelve at least helps automate part of the process for you. And you can use keyboard shortcuts to make the saves. I guess sometime since April, Firefox must have broke this addon.

The only other addon that did this hasn't been updated since 2011 so you can't use it. That one is called SaveAll!. More info: http://www.ghacks.net/2011/06/19/saveall-add-on-saves-all-firefox-tabs/

You can try searching http://addons.mozilla.org for a new addon that does this but I couldn't find one. :(

Maybe https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multiple-tab-handler/ is that addon. Says "Save (download) selected tabs to the local disk". Worth a try.

This kind of does what you want. But I think there is a limit on # of tabs

Send Tab URLs {web link} Send a list of browser tab URLs to email, Web mail, or the clipboard

You can look at this extension:

  • Save (download) selected tabs to the local disk

Thanks for the reply, the Noah_SUMO said

I understand what you want to do but no addon exists to do this the exact way you want it. Shelve at least helps automate part of the process for you. And you can use keyboard shortcuts to make the saves. I guess sometime since April, Firefox must have broke this addon. The only other addon that did this hasn't been updated since 2011 so you can't use it. That one is called SaveAll!. More info: http://www.ghacks.net/2011/06/19/saveall-add-on-saves-all-firefox-tabs/ You can try searching http://addons.mozilla.org for a new addon that does this but I couldn't find one. :( Maybe https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multiple-tab-handler/ is that addon. Says "Save (download) selected tabs to the local disk". Worth a try.

Thanks Noah, but it works not :( it saves HTMLs which I have no use of, because I need the plain text. I guess it's mission impossible, but thanks anyway.