Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Oplost Argivearre

ODD file extensions selected from browser cannot be opened

ddricci

I save shell scripts to my local website and they are have *.sh *.ksh extensions. When I attempt to view the contents of these files from Firefox it goes 'off in the weeds' opening a new tab for each line [I think ] in the file. I can rename all of the files to have a *.txt extension but would rather tell Firefox to treat all *.sh and *.ksh files the same as *.txt but I cannot figure out HOW to do this.

Any help is appreciated - I have looked at the 'Applications' option item but could not figure out how to add a new 'Content Type'

I save shell scripts to my local website and they are have *.sh *.ksh extensions. When I attempt to view the contents of these files from Firefox it goes 'off in the weeds' opening a new tab for each line [I think ] in the file. I can rename all of the files to have a *.txt extension but would rather tell Firefox to treat all *.sh and *.ksh files the same as *.txt but I cannot figure out HOW to do this. Any help is appreciated - I have looked at the 'Applications' option item but could not figure out how to add a new 'Content Type'

Alle antwurden (3)

Keazen oplossing

If you get an Open with download dialog then never select Firefox as the program to handle the file.

See:


You can preview the URL with the view-source: protocol to make Firefox open the file.

Thanks - this helped. Actually when I went back and looked in options/applications I did notice that .sh file types were using Firefox [did not see that yesterday else I would have tried some other app..] The link you passed on was very helpful.

Thanks Very Much, Dominic

You're welcome