Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Argivearre

I cannot get .txt files to Preview in Firefox since updating to 72.0.1.

keith_muir

I have always been able to open a txt file from a website and have it preview in the browser. Now I get the dialog to Save or open with. This change happened recently, I believe in update 72.0.1. Txt is not an option in the Applications list so I can't choose what to do.

I have always been able to open a txt file from a website and have it preview in the browser. Now I get the dialog to Save or open with. This change happened recently, I believe in update 72.0.1. Txt is not an option in the Applications list so I can't choose what to do.

Alle antwurden (3)

hello, this might happen for files on a ftp server as this protocol is getting deprecated: https://www.fxsitecompat.dev/en-CA/docs/2019/all-ftp-resources-are-now-downloaded-instead-of-being-rendered/

Firefox will only open a text file in a tab when the file is send as text/plain. If the file is send as a generic type like application/octet-stream" or as content disposition then you get a download dialog. In some cases you can override this by opening the link in a tab and prefix the link with the view-source: protocol.

I have attached a file which is a screen shot from Chrome. Does the ame in IE also. Firefox did exactly the same thing before but now pops up with open or save. I did not have to change any settings in Firefox to accomplish this when i installed it, just used to do it.