Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Ouvert

Suddenly I can neither attach nor insert files into an outgoing email.

ChrisLa

I use Thunderbird for email. Suddenly I can neither attach nor insert files/photos into an outgoing email. Also, keyboard shortcut ctrl+shift+A doesn't work and is greyed out. I have no extensions and troubleshooting mode doesn't work either. What's wrong?

I use Thunderbird for email. Suddenly I can neither attach nor insert files/photos into an outgoing email. Also, keyboard shortcut ctrl+shift+A doesn't work and is greyed out. I have no extensions and troubleshooting mode doesn't work either. What's wrong?

Toutes les réponses (3)

UPDATE: I can now insert photo inline by drag and drop or with insert button. Attachment still not possible.

This is a recently discovered bug - the symptom is that if you previously attached a file, but the previous folder no longer exists because it was deleted or renamed, when you later try to attach a file using the Write window's "Attach" button, it will silently fail. That is, clicking the button will appear to do nothing. The bug should be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, a workaround is to drag-and-drop the file onto the Write window, as you discovered..

Or, if you don't mind changing Thunderbird's Advanced Settings:

- In <Settings | General | Config Editor> search for: "mail.compose.attach.dir".

- The value (path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:\).

- Close and exit Thunderbird, then restart it (this step might not be necessary.)

Poser une question

Vous devez vous identifier avec votre compte pour répondre aux messages. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question, si vous n’avez pas encore de compte.