Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Résolu

Thunderbird is freezing up after a few minutes or when I try to select a folder.

G Andrew Wernham

I believe with Update 154,0 my thunderbird has been freezing up. I can't see, to compress files or select some folders. After a few minutes everything freezes up. 21 AUGUST 2026

[redacted] @gmail.com


/edit: unlocked as other was made as duplicate.

I believe with Update 154,0 my thunderbird has been freezing up. I can't see, to compress files or select some folders. After a few minutes everything freezes up. 21 AUGUST 2026 [redacted] @gmail.com /edit: unlocked as other was made as duplicate.

Modifié le par Wayne Mery

Lire cette réponse dans son contexte

Solution choisie

I did this and it did not work. After a month of frustration I noticed that clicking on my Trash folder caused it to freeze up. Eventually I went to File/Empty Trash , emptied it, and it started working properly. I also deleted some archived files and compressed my folders.

Toutes les réponses (6)

What is your anti-virus software?

Norton 360, Superantispyware. Whatever comes with Windows 11.

These are some generic suggestions to avoid problems with anti-virus software.

Create an exception in your anti-virus software for the Thunderbird profile folder, so that the anti-virus real-time scanner will not scan it. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-thunderbird-stores-user-data#w_how-to-find-your-profile

Don't let your anti-virus software scan incoming and outgoing messages.

Don't let your anti-virus software scan attachments.

Don't let your anti-virus software intercept your secure connection to the server.

Remove any add-ons your anti-virus software may have installed in Thunderbird.

Solution choisie

I did this and it did not work. After a month of frustration I noticed that clicking on my Trash folder caused it to freeze up. Eventually I went to File/Empty Trash , emptied it, and it started working properly. I also deleted some archived files and compressed my folders.

Any idea how many messages might have been in trash?

Specifically, no. But a lot. I have my Gmail account set up to hold no more that 10,000 I think but have no idea if I can set up a limit in Thunderbird. I don't recall when the last time was that I emptied it. BTW, I'm a pretty unsavvy 78 year old user.

Poser une question

Vous devez vous identifier avec votre compte pour répondre aux messages. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question, si vous n’avez pas encore de compte.