Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

With Avira can I have FireFox as my default browser and is less intrusive than Norton?

Mike Morriss

I recently installed Norton 360 Deluxe on our Windows 11 computers. We don't like difficulty in setting and keeping FireFox as our default browser. Also, we keep getting pop-up windows from Norton. I expect Norton is slowing our computers down. I am thinking about changing to Avira. With that software, is it easy to set and keep FireFox as our default browser and does it use as much of our computer's resources as Norton does?

Also, I'd love to hear general thoughts & recommendations about Avira vs Norton.

Thanks! Mike

I recently installed Norton 360 Deluxe on our Windows 11 computers. We don't like difficulty in setting and keeping FireFox as our default browser. Also, we keep getting pop-up windows from Norton. I expect Norton is slowing our computers down. I am thinking about changing to Avira. With that software, is it easy to set and keep FireFox as our default browser and does it use as much of our computer's resources as Norton does? Also, I'd love to hear general thoughts & recommendations about Avira vs Norton. Thanks! Mike

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.