Showing questions for topic:

I am trying to change my default search engine to Firefox and it isn't allowing me.

I am trying to change my default search engine to Firefox and it isn't allowing me. What could be preventing this? and how do I get around it? Thank you in advance for y… (read more)

I am trying to change my default search engine to Firefox and it isn't allowing me. What could be preventing this? and how do I get around it? Thank you in advance for your help.

Solved 2 30

Missing & UNwanted Added Search engines

Not onlu amazon search is gone there are other search engines that I do not want. they were added but not by me! What's going on here? You're taking up my time undoing yo… (read more)

Not onlu amazon search is gone there are other search engines that I do not want. they were added but not by me! What's going on here? You're taking up my time undoing your messes.

Open

Since the latest update, the urls no longer show the http or the https in the link bar. How do I get that back?

Since the latest update, the urls no longer show the http or the https in the link bar. How do I get that back? Cannot find the setting, and saw no articles explaining w… (read more)

Since the latest update, the urls no longer show the http or the https in the link bar. How do I get that back? Cannot find the setting, and saw no articles explaining why this happened or how to fix it.

Open 1

why when I enter an address it always goes to search google and not the website I want

a few days ago I bring up Firefox and try to access a website with the URL and it automatically goes to Google as a search. What has changed? and how do I get rid of it a… (read more)

a few days ago I bring up Firefox and try to access a website with the URL and it automatically goes to Google as a search. What has changed? and how do I get rid of it and have some control without going thru Google which I don't like to use?

Open 2

short cut for search engine features

Assalamu Alaikum. i come here for feedback and suggestion. that is to add other search engine options like Yahoo,Yandex,Brave,ecosia,etc other opensource and secure engin… (read more)

Assalamu Alaikum. i come here for feedback and suggestion. that is to add other search engine options like Yahoo,Yandex,Brave,ecosia,etc other opensource and secure engine on top to search engine icon in search bar. Thanks in advance.

Open 1

wrong IP address giving bad search results

I'm in Winnipeg, and my IP address says that as well, but when I search for things in Firefox and Chrome it puts me in Ontario since I changed ISP. Very annoying having t… (read more)

I'm in Winnipeg, and my IP address says that as well, but when I search for things in Firefox and Chrome it puts me in Ontario since I changed ISP. Very annoying having to change store on every site, every time.

Open 1

I’m trying to search a link on Pinterest, but it’s not working

I was scrolling on Pinterest and I saw this pin about Outer Banks. It was a collage of JJ. I really liked it so I liked it and then asked in the comments if they could ma… (read more)

I was scrolling on Pinterest and I saw this pin about Outer Banks. It was a collage of JJ. I really liked it so I liked it and then asked in the comments if they could make one about Sarah because she is my favourite and then today seven hours ago, they replied saying oh yeah I already made one. Here’s the link. hppts://pin.it/1Kt7XuqWB I tried searching the link on ChatGPT didn’t work. Pinterest didn’t work. Google didn’t work now. I don’t know how to see it cause I checked their account and it also wouldn’t let me see it. It wasn’t showing up. How can I search and find this pin.

Open

search bar

I am very irritated - I was using the search bar and it no longer operates. Then - without warning - a new version appeared and I have NO IDEA how to operate my browswer … (read more)

I am very irritated - I was using the search bar and it no longer operates. Then - without warning - a new version appeared and I have NO IDEA how to operate my browswer = without warning!!!

Open 1

Google search from search bar triggers Captcha

My current version of Firefox is 151.0.4 (64-bit) & for the past 2 weeks or so every time I use the search bar to google something it triggers one of those "We've det… (read more)

My current version of Firefox is 151.0.4 (64-bit) & for the past 2 weeks or so every time I use the search bar to google something it triggers one of those "We've detected unusual activity from your network" requiring a Captcha. At first I tried all of the typical stuff [antivirus, vpn, extensions, etc...] to make sure that wasn't the issue. But as of yesterday & confirmed today I can actually go to Google's website first & do the search from there with no issue & no captcha.

So, whatever the issue is has to do specifically with doing the search via the search bar... for some reason. Is this a bug in the browser, or is there perhaps some setting that could cause this to happen in the about:config page? Though, I doubt a setting could be it because I've changed the settings I've changed now for years without causing this issue.

Solved 7 8 1298