Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Can I drop back to a previous version of Firefox? This v. 157 is really annoying.

flarg

Sorry but I hate version 157, and would like to drop back to a previous version.

Is this possible? I can't seem to find a link to older versions anywhere.

Thanks.

Sorry but I hate version 157, and would like to drop back to a previous version. Is this possible? I can't seem to find a link to older versions anywhere. Thanks.

All Replies (5)

Hello,

If you want to revert the design elements, downgrading is not required. you only have to do this : go to about:config, accept risk (use at own discretion), and search for browser.nova.enabled and set it to false.

If you want a true downgrade, first back up your profile folder. Then, go to Settings > General > Firefox Updates and turn off auto updates. After that, uninstall Firefox 157. Once you do so, install version 156 via this link : 156 release. once you install firefox, you might potentially need to add the --allow-downgrade flag (create shortcut and add this to the end of the shortcut) and launch firefox from the shortcut). If your profile version does not conflict, you do not need to do this.

Oh my god! Thanks for the info. I was about to switch to another Browser. (Even though they all look the same)

I'm getting too old for those useless changes that happen every now and then.

Why not making it as a Theme options somewhere instead of inposing stuff we don't need. Maybe, I'm just too old (gen X) for these days.

The top menu have been "removed" but now the title bar is 2 times the height that that menu was. pfff What ever.

By the way, SeaMonkey still exist ;-)

Hey Firefox is still the best browser because of its engine. Not because it look better "for some". Have a nice day ;-) I've turned it off.

Modified by Paul Lacourse

Once you do so, install version 156 via this link : 156 release.

Actually, the last download seemed to skip from v.146 or v.147 to this new shitty one.

Can I go back to 147?

Thanks.

Hello,

If you want version 147, go to this directory : V147 If you want version 146, go to this directory : V146

If you meant version 157, here is the download link : V157

Modified by dessertdish

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.