I have recently lost my last laptop and I bought a new one. As I'm trying to sync my files from my account the syncing procedure requires that I entre a key in my previous laptop's firefox which I do not have. How can I sync my account to this new laptop.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
You need to use the Sync Key (aka Recovery Key) along with your account name and password, when you are unable to "pair".
Thank you for the reply. however I want to sync my firefox's account so that all previous data such as tabs, add ons and search history will be synced to this computer. I have looked at the provided links however they all mention that either I should change the password to protect my information, but not how can I retrieve them.
If you only used sync on one computer and you haven't created a backup of the sync key or otherwise created a backup of your personal data like the signons.sqlite and key3.db files in the Firefox profile folder then your data on the Sync server can't be accessed and is lost.