Why is Firefox 18 asking to start in safe mode every week os so?
About every 7 days or so when I start up Firefox 18 I get the question pop up if I want to start up in Safe mode or reset Firefox and I am wondering why. When I reset Firefox I have to start all over again making my home page what I want it to be. Can anybody out there help me?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RocketLife Software Component
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Testgen plugin
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Picasa plugin.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You may try going to Tools->Add-ons->Plugins->Check to see if your plugins are up to date. For example, Flash Player may need to be updated.
This can happen if Firefox has crashed a few times after each other and wasn't able to automatically recover from that.
If you have submitted crash reports then please post the IDs of one or more crash reports that have this format:
You can find the IDs of the submitted crash reports on the about:crashes page.
- You can open the about:crashes page via the location bar, like you open a website.