How do I configure Firefox to load pages from applicationCache instead of browser cache when "Work Offline" mode is selected?
I'm developing a web application with offline functionality and am having difficulty getting pages that are stored in applicationCache to get served to the user when "Work Offline" is selected. A detailed description of what I'm seeing can be found here:
What is essentially happening is when a page, that has a FALLBACK resource defined for it, is requested "Work Offline" is NOT selected, Firefox will store that page in Disk cache. The FALLBACK resource will get stored in Offline cache (applicationCache) as expected. Now when "Work Offline" is selected, and a page to the online version of the page is requested, Firefox will retrieve the page from Disk cache instead of retrieving the fallback resource from Offline cache.
If, on the other hand, the online version of the page is never requested (and therefore never stored in Disk cache), and it's requested when "Work Offline" is selected, Firefox will retrieve the page from Offline cache successfully.
Is this expected functionality for Firefox? If not, what do I need to do in order to get Firefox to give priority of retrieval for resources to Offline cache over Disk Cache when FALLBACK rules are specified in the manifest?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0