I open a donwloaded file from an e-mail and a file conversion box appears.The characters are all wierd.
I can not open a downloaded file from an e-mail or off the web w/o a file conversion box popping up.It shows options to open with msoffice word but I choose that and it opens with all the characters that are weird looking. There is also the issue where every time I open up Mozzila there are portions of advertisements that look like they are in Japanese. I go to the View in the top bar then select Character Encoding.The unicode is selected so I switch to Western (ISO-8859-1) and everything is normal. I close the browser and restart and it goes back to the way it was with the Japanese looking text.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.528
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0