how do I save the cookies? Right now it's set to be deleted
I was told I need to switch from internet exporer to firefox for better performance, so I did that but now what do I do? Are all my setting the same as before or do I need to start all over again?! I tried to log into my bank and it say's the computer is not regestered?! I called the bank and I was told save the cookies and that right now they are set to be deleted. I have no idea how to do this can you please help! I wish you had an 800 number so you could go through step by step. Thanks
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello chicsweet, you can check your cookie settings in firefox > options > privacy - for more details & guidance please see Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences.
I found that the best way to handle cookies was to set Firefox to default to blocking them (Options > Privacy > set "Use custom settings for history"), uncheck "Accept cookies from sites". You can make exceptions to that using the Exceptions button, or you can get an extension called Cookie Monster, which makes setting exceptions very convenient.