HELP!!!! WHY DID FIREFOX DELETE MY ENTIRE ADDRESSBOOK FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS? I NEED IT BACK!!!!
I just downloaded & installed firefox and somewhere along the line I lost my entire addressbook for outlook express?
(Over 25,000 customer email addies have vanished!!)
How do I get them all back?
hello bleetie, firefox doesn't interfere with your outlook express address-book whatsoever. something else on your computer must have gone wrong - please contact microsoft's support or a forum specialised on outlook express, sicne we most probably can't get any solution for the problem you've described...Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- ABR_AUSkey Plugin Mozilla Component
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2063
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- CSI Plugin Mozilla Component
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I have no idea where to start, or why Firefox would even want them in the first place!
hello bleetie, firefox doesn't interfere with your outlook express address-book whatsoever. something else on your computer must have gone wrong - please contact microsoft's support or a forum specialised on outlook express, sicne we most probably can't get any solution for the problem you've described...
Firefox is a web browser, not a email client so it may just be a coincidence that the outlook problem happened sometime after you installed Firefox. It is a separate app install as is doesn't make use of say IE or outlook to work.
Thanks Guys... I could have sworn it happened the moment Firefox asked to import all my bookmarks, favourites, etc from Google Chrome... .so I haven't really found the solution yet (aside from restoring from archives), but I'll mark this one as solved in this forum...
wish me luck on my treacherous adventure LOL
I have a similar issue. It DOES look like a FF issue. Internet Explorer keeps the contacts. FF will work but within a certain period of time, it removes access to it. I have to reset FF to get it to work. WTF?????!!! It's driving me nuts.. Angela
My situation is the same...the address book appears on Explorer, but I would much rather use FF
I use multiple browsers just for this reason. When FF went to 21.0 I lost my outlook contacts. The contacts are visible and useable in MS Explorer and Chrome browsers. Being stuck being he said she said as to who might be responsible is not desirable.
So, lets blame everyone rather than help resolve the issue. Chrome is looking better.
Outlook isn't the same as Outlook Express.
You are a genius and a saviour...
Your suggestion worked perfectly. My address book is back and as good as new!!!
Thanks so much for your help!!!