Update to 18.0.1 disconnects Firefox in Windows XP ( perpetualy "Connecting" on tabs)
After updating from 17.0.1 to 18.0.1 Firefox will not make any external connections in Windows XP (SP3 running all updates as of the date of this post. )
Preceeding the failure during the installation of 18.0.1 the update process the installation message box states "Checking compatibility of add-ons" and apparently hangs. After the firefox process is killed. Firefox is restarted and will not connect to any website, although internal cached links work - initial firefox start page and setup page "about:config"
Reverting to the previous 17.0.1 resolves the issue.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Enterprise(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Prizm® Plug-in Imaging Viewer
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
hello, please see Fix problems connecting to websites after updating Firefox