receiving this error message - There was problem connecting to the server. URL's listed as'file." are not supported
On Macbook. Recently upgraded and running OS X 10.8 - Mountain Lion. Also, syncing to new ipod and ipad mini. Provider - Time Warner Cable.
Periodically, and for no apparent reason will receive this error message:
There was problem connecting to the server. URL's of the type "file." at not supported.
Neither Apple Care nor TWC tech assist recognizes this error and can provide answer.
It should also be noted that there is no apparent problem connecting to the server or operating software for word processing. Just the message which pops up intermittently, frequently and does not want to be closed easily.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.5
- Office Live Update v1.0
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
You can check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"