Why do i have to download firefox for android from google and not your site
I like firefox for my pc. Would like to use it on my android tablet. the only source for that program i can find is google play. I dont want to give them all the info needed for the download.
so i want the file but not from google
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
If your version of Android supports installation from sites other than the Play store, you can get it. Please note that you will have to check for updates manually if you install that way.
The link to the FTP server directory is on this page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms/Android
Yes you will have to manually install new versions if you do not install from Google Play.
If you have a ARMv7 device the you may want to download the fennec-18.0.yourlanguage.android-arm.apk instead of the multi version as it is a bit smaller