Firefox suddenly reset and turn into 17.1 and all my data gone!
So, suddenly Firefox just reset, and turn into 17.1 Ive checked the new version, my history gone, my bookmark also same. I want my history back, i need them all.. All left from the previous Firefox only a folder name Old Firefox Data at my desktop. What should i do to bring them to the Firefox 17.1 ?
Thanks for the reply..
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 18.104.22.16812
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.1240
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Winamp Application Detector
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
You can copy the places.sqlite file from the Old Firefox Data folder to the current Firefox profile folder.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
Thanks for the reply, mate.. Do what you said, but i cant found that places.sqlite file, :(
My Firefox did this today. It was suddenly in safety-mode and wanted to delete my cookies and stuff, so I canceled and didn't think twice. I have a lot of bookmarks and other stuff that I didn't want deleted after all.
So now I tried reseting my Firefox profile after I got Profile errors. That worked, but now I have the vanilla (ugly) version of the newest Firefox and none of my stuff, apart from the Old Data folder.
My ADD is going mad right now and I can't focus on too much text, so please, in as simple and idiot-proof terms, can someone help me transfer my old data back to Firefox. I just want to lie down and cry because I can't fix this myself. Too many letters and file-types I don't understand and it's doing a number on my head.