Why does FireFox change layout/settings during upgrades without asking ?
Just upgraded to Firefox 18 (windows 7 desktop). Why does Firefox change layouts/settings without asking the user if he wants it or not??? I am getting sick of those changes. I want to have at the google main page the options (as before) to search in all languages, or pages from a certain language or pages in a certain language (of course depening of the google address; f.i. at google.de for german languages, google.fr for french languages etc).
In the latest Firefox 17 it was working as I wanted and described before: when I visited www.google.de/firefox of www.google.fr/firefox. Now those 3 options (under the search bar) are gone and I do not want to operate by clicking on the advanced search button. Those things should be visible under the search bar again.
Also my STARTPAGE was GONE/DELETED after the update !!! Grrrrr.... Updating is OK but mozilla should not change user configured items !!!!!!!
The above described problem has nothing to do with the google website.
Modified by ni_hao
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Logitech Device Detection
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0