Getting error: "Error: TypeError: netscape.security.PrivilegeManager is undefined", when new tab or window opened
Can Firefox/Mozilla fix this for me, as quickly as possible?
Firefox version: 17.0.1 OS: Windows Vista
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 188.8.131.5212
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
This issue can be caused by an extension that isn't working properly.
Support for enablePrivilege has been removed in Firefox (Bug 546848), so it is no longer possible to get special elevated privileges via the netscape.security.PrivilegeManager interface.
Extensions do not need to use this (they already run code with proper privileges) and if web page use this then they will have to use other ways get what they want like providing a Firefox extension.
I fixed the problem on my desktop running Windows 7 pro and Firefox 18.0.1 by disabling the AVG toolbar extension, restarting Firefox then re enabling the AVG toolbar.
Thanks Cor-el, David+L..deeply appreciated!
I'm no longer having this problem since the Firefox upgrade.